Desktop Support Technician
The selected candidate will be responsible for handling inbound calls and onsite support from external customers seeking technical support.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level user support for clients hardware, systems, and software applications questions.
- Log and track calls using our ticketing system, and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
- Identify problems, investigate causes, recommend and implement solutions to correct common system and user issues.
- Escalate complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization.
- Communicate with other IT staff as needed to ensure problem resolution and tracking.
- Prepare and install computers on the network, perform software installations, log and update trouble tickets and resolve highly complex desktop software issues.
- Make routine visits to the various remote sites to prevent potential problems and to address others before they escalate.
- Deploy computers to remote sites when necessary, this includes transporting equipment physically or arranging for transportation if not within walking distance.
- Complete Inventory Form and acquire employee signature on form upon deployment.
- Inventory form to be attached to Remedy ticket immediately upon completion and Remedy ticket to be closed immediately upon successful completion.
- Act in the capacity of printer administrator. Replace all toner for all agency printers. The technician will respond to all level 1 incidents (Paper Jams, fuser replacements, Waste kit replacements, etc.)
- Inventory form to be attached to ticket immediately upon completion and ticket to be closed immediately upon successful completion.
- Assist IT Director with other assignments when necessary
- Ghosting of computers to be done when needed
- Assist with unpacking of computers and monitors when we receive shipments.
- A degree from an accredited college and two years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last seven years, mid-range computer and/or LAN or WAN computer environments in the areas of data entry or production control; or
- An associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and 3 years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired with the last seven years, as described in “1” above; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired with the last seven years, as described in “1” above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1”, “2”, or “3” above.
Undergraduate college credit can be substituted for experience on the basis of 30 semester credits, from an accredited college, for six months of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and two years of satisfactory full-time mainframe computer, mid-range computer, and/or LAN or WAN computer experience, acquired within the last seven years, in the areas of tape library, data entry, or production control.
- Comp TIA A+ Certification
- Experience with imaging software a plus.
- Previous experience servers a plus.
- Experience with MAC
- Minimum two (2) years of working experience with an emphasis on PC support in a Microsoft environment
- Strong technical acumen and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of IT systems including but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10, Office 365
- Ability to travel to remote location
- Must be able to lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs