Help Desk Support Technician
The help desk is the single point of contact for all Information Technology (IT) service requests and incidents. It provides first level technical support to all clients, and is committed to address computer and telecommunication needs by providing the highest level of technical support.
The selected candidate will be responsible for handling inbound calls from external customers seeking technical support.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provide 1st and 2nd level user support for clients hardware, systems, and software applications questions.
- Log and track calls using our ticketing system, and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
- Identify problems, investigate causes, recommend and implement solutions to correct common system and user issues.
- Escalate complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization.
- Communicate with other IT staff as needed to ensure problem resolution and tracking.
- Prepare and install computers on the network, perform software installations, log and update trouble tickets and resolve desktop software issues.
- Inventory form to be attached to ticket immediately upon completion and ticket to be closed immediately upon successful completion.
- Assist IT Director with other assignments when necessary
- Ghosting of computers to be done when needed
- Assist with unpacking of computers and monitors when we receive shipments.
- A degree from an accredited college and one year of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last seven years, mid-range computer and/or LAN or WAN computer environments in the areas of data entry or production control; or
- An associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and 2 years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired with the last seven years, as described in “1” above; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and four years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired with the last seven years, as described in “1” above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1”, “2”, or “3” above.
Undergraduate college credit can be substituted for experience on the basis of 30 semester credits, from an accredited college, for six months of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and two years of satisfactory full-time mainframe computer, mid-range computer, and/or LAN or WAN computer experience, acquired within the last seven years, in the areas of tape library, data entry, or production control.
- Comp TIA A+ Certification
- Experience with imaging software a plus.
- Previous experience servers a plus.
- Experience with MAC
- Minimum two (2) years of working experience with an emphasis on PC support in a Microsoft environment
- Strong technical acumen and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of IT systems including but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10, Office 365
- Ability to travel to remote location
- Must be able to lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs